Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A trip + 2 big birthdays!





Ryan, Kate, Will and I want to send HUGE birthday hugs to Grandpa Bob and Aunt Cyndi!! Today is Grandpa's day and yesterday was Aunt Cyndi's, but we were lucky enough to be down in Yreka last weekend to wish them happy birthday in person. Kate and I made some birthday brownies and Kate had her first taste of chocolate (well, without gagging, that is...) I have video evidence that she likes chocolate in the form of brownie batter! It may be a fluke, though, since we made chocolate chip muffins yesterday and she emphatically stated, "I DON'T LIKE THAT STUFF!" Aside from all things chocolate, we had a great time in Yreka and Will was a fantastic little traveler! He slept the entire way there and was his same mellow self while we were there. He got to meet a lot of the Singleton side of the family, and now we're even more excited to get to go back for Christmas. Christmas will be interesting this year, I think, because Kate will be excited about presents but I don't think she gets the whole Santa thing yet. She wants a tool bench like daddy has and when I told her "maybe Santa will bring it for you," she said, "no, daddy will just go buy it." We'll see!!

No comments: