Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wiggle Worms

Kate had her first "gymnastics" class this morning and, not surprisingly, it was a huge hit. It's for one and two-year-olds and she's the youngest by almost a year, but this didn't faze her a bit. There's not much "gymnastics" going on per say, but it's a room with squishy mats, bars, beams, trampolines and all other measure of bouncy apparatus. For Kate, it was one big wonderland of kamikaze fun. She loved the trampolines, the balance beams and the hoola hoops most. I had to drag her out at the end of class, so I think it will be a great weekly event for us. I've often thought it would be nice to put her in a padded room and now I can!

In other Kate "news," she seemed to say her first real word yesterday. She babbles a lot and says typical things like "da, da" and "bye, bye" but most of her other words are not really intelligible. I can't say if I can truly call this her first word since she may never utter it again, but if it is, Ryan and I may be in for it as her first decipherable utterance was "bank." I was telling her what we were going to do in the afternoon and I said that we were going to the bank. Clear as a bell, she repeated "bank" and proceeded to chant it for the next hour or so. Guard that wallet, Ryan, our girl's on the loose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, she is headed for a career in finance. Look out Mr. Buffett!
Grandma