Sunday, September 13, 2009

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?



Kate is! She was all decked out in the Seattle Seahawks jersey our friends Kate and Jim got her last year when we had a VERY fun day watching the Seahawks play. As a special "treat" for them, perhaps we'll get her a Sea Gals outfit this year! :) I don't think any of us sat down long enough to watch much of a game, but it's always a happy day in this house when football returns. Plus, Ryan and I both made it out of the first round of the football pool this year--better than I did last year when I lost the very first week! Aside from the onset of football, we had a running-filled weekend. We're only a month out from the Victoria marathon, so we've reached our serious long runs. Ryan and I did them on separate days this time, which made Kate happy because both runs ended at a park in Sequim. Two runs means two days of playing at the park--on Saturday, there was some sort of dog festival there, too, and I thought Kate might pass out with excitement. It must have been pretty close to her idea of heaven.
On a more serious note, Ryan's grandpa is in failing health and our thoughts are with him, Grandma Starla and Grandpa Bob while they're going through this. We're hoping he finds peace, and we're so thankful that Kate was able to meet him in healthier times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh YEAY!! I was wondering when that SeaHawks outfit would come out on show! I'm so glad it still fits her! It was SO big for her when we bought it - I just can't belive how grown up she is!
Jim and I miss you all so much - we're thinking of you! Write soon OK?
Love you, (Big) Kate xxx
PS I don't want Kate dressing like one of 'those' Seagals, thanks very much! And neither will I be. Jim was just a little bit too aware of them, shall we say?!