Sunday, September 20, 2009

A baby no more

Kate's left babyhood behind and become a toddler--and she toddles just to prove it! She is becoming a more confident walker each day. She's definitely getting faster. We're fairly certain she would win a crawling diaper derby with her speed on all-fours, so I'm guessing she's shooting for sprinting rather than simply walking. She tried to "run" yesterday, but it was more of a high-knees wobble. I give her an A+ for effort, though. She doesn't give up and never gets discouraged when she falls...a good lesson for all of us. Kate and I have had a girls' weekend since Ryan went to Yreka early on Thursday. She's been good for me; it's so much easier than it was when she was younger. We've spent lots and lots of time at the park, where she has discovered those bouncy, suspension-like bridges. I think we bounced back and forth a thousand times yesterday. I also ran into a girl I worked with when we first moved here in 2006. At the time, she was pregnant with her first baby. Now, she's pregnant with #3!! It made me feel like having one is nothing, but she must be half crazy! I know one thing for sure: Even though Kate is usually good, I'm tired with just one and I'm REALLY happy Ryan's coming home tonight! We miss daddy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's running! How quickly that happened. Imagine how much fun she can have now! It won't be long and she'll be on those trails without the stroller. A whole family of runners! Grandma

Anonymous said...

Walking and talking at the same time...what a talented grandchild! Gram S.