Sunday, June 28, 2009

A weekend of big changes!




Kate did some major growing up this weekend...or, maybe, Ryan and I did as we made some changes that Kate really had no choice about. First, and this is HUGE for me, Kate is now sleeping all the way through the night with no feedings!! For the first time since she was born, I have not gotten up even one time during the night for the past three nights! We were down to one feeding when she turned 9 months and I've known that I should cut the other one out for some time now, but I've been avoiding it because I thought it would be such a fight. To my surprise, it was no fight at all. The first two nights I went in and rocked her when she cried, and on the third she made no peep at all. Now, she is sleeping from 7 p.m. to past 7 a.m! For us, this is a major success!
The second change was that we put her facing forward in her BOB to go running. Ryan and I have been dreading this because she does so well in her infant seat. We were worried that she would melt down and that would be the end of our pleasant daily runs. Size-wise, she could have been doing it for awhile now, but Ryan and I just weren't ready. Just like with her sleeping, we were again pleasantly surprised. We had no big ambitions the first run out, but she did so well, we ran 9 miles! Yesterday, we went for over 6 and she was great again. She doesn't sleep like she did when she was all covered up, but she seems to enjoy seeing all the sights. Plus, she napped well in the early afternoon, which was fantastic (she rarely does this). Fingers crossed, this new schedule will be great!
And, finally, the third change was that we moved her into her bigger car seat. Minor compared to the other two, but it means no more lugging the infant seat with a 20+ pound baby in it. Of course, it also means no quick trips to the store with Kate contained, but I think we're ready to give that up anyway. Perhaps we're ALL growing up a bit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many firsts. Way to go Kate! Mommy and Daddy have LOTS of hours of precious sleep to catch up on..enjoy. Gram S.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Miss Kate! And from one cheese lover to another, you can try so many new kinds with teeth! xoxo Auntie Courtney

Anonymous said...

After one week away from Kate's blog, I'm WAY behind! She's growing up so fast and while I miss that cute little baby, this darling toddler will be so much fun! Thank you for the wonderful updates! Grandma