Monday, June 8, 2009

Great weekend!







What a fantastic weekend! It started out on Friday when our friends Josh and Jen, from Bend, came to visit. We had a great time seeing the Olympic Peninsula sights with them. We visited Lake Crescent and Hurricane Ridge, and had great weather for both. My mom came into town on Saturday, so Ryan, Josh, Jen and I got to go out to dinner without any kids!!! It's been so long, Ryan and I have forgotten what it's like to just feed ourselves during dinner. Josh and Jen headed to Victoria on Sunday, and Ryan and I ran the North Olympic Discovery half marathon, which ends right by the water in Port Angeles. It's a great race, and this year we actually had nice weather for it. My mom and Kate watched as Ryan and I both ran our best times! Ryan came in 11th overall and 3rd in his age group, finishing in 1:27. I came in 8th out of the women (36th overall) and 1st in my age group, finishing in 1:36. Since we both placed in our age group, we both got plaques as awards! For Ryan, this is common since he's always been so fast but, for me, it's new and, I must say, I did enjoy it!!! Mom and Kate liked cheering us on and, as you can see above, Kate loved wearing our medals and eating post-run croissants!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go gang!! We wish we could have been there to cheer you on. It looks as if Kate is a croissant fan like Grandpa Bob! Gram S.