Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday, Kate!


Tomorrow my baby girl turns four!  My how time flies.  She got her present from us a little early (primarily because she already knew what she was getting and she wanted to make sure Grandpa Mac saw it last weekend), so she's been out riding her princess bike a lot lately.  I can't believe she's big enough to ride a real bike!  The Athletic Club in Sisters hosts a triathlon each year and, this year, they started a kids' race that even has a 4 and under category.  It was about the cutest thing ever and, after Kate got her bike, she told me, "Mommy, now we can both train for the triathlon!"  Is she our kid or what?  :)  To go along with her princess bike (you can't see it in the photo, but her bike is very, VERY princess-y), she ordered a princess cake.  Clearly, our local grocery store is used to the princess cake request because the first thing the cake making lady said to Kate after learning she was turning four was, "Do you like princesses because I can make a cake with four princesses on it!"  Kate was ecstatic and, when we picked it up today, I thought she might jump right out of her skin.  So, tomorrow, we will eat princess cake.  Will is just as excited as Kate and goes around saying, "I four.  I eat princess cake."  He also seems to get the concept because we told him he can pick a cake when he turns two and he said, "I want a Mater truck cake!"  So, come September, we shall eat truck cake.  I think we have a girl and a boy, eh?  We get to celebrate Kate's birthday tomorrow with Grandma Connie and Grandpa Mac, followed by a trip out to Paulina Lake to visit friends who are camping there.  They have a seven-year-old named Max and Kate has generously offered to bring him "extra princess cake." On Tuesday, we get to celebrate again because Kate's best friend in town also happens to share her birthday, and her grandparents are getting a bouncy house for them (and their little brothers) to romp around in for the afternoon.  Then we get celebrate again in Yreka when we go down for the fair.  So, Kate's fourth birthday will be well-celebrated!  This afternoon, she asked me, "Mommy, will I be four when I wake up tomorrow?"  I told her she would and she said, "Well, I'll probably be really different because I will have a bigger body and a bigger brain."  Since it's Kate, I wouldn't put it past her!  We love you, lady bug!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four was my favorite young age with Jennifer. Curious, interesting, reading to herself, and fun to be around...just like now at 34. Enjoy a wonderful year, Bryn and Ryan. Maryl

cberner said...

Happy happy birthday, Miss Kate! I will be delivering your and Will's birthday presents when I visit in a month. I can't wait to see you both! (All four of you, really!) xoxo Auntie Courtney