Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chirstmas party!










Kate had a Christmas party at school today, complete with a little caroling show for the parents. I can't say that the kids actually sang but it was cute nonetheless--and kind of shocking that my baby girl has reached the school-holiday-show age. Will tried to join in and enjoyed the applause at the end. He ran up to Kate and gave her a big hug in the middle of the show which was, by far, my favorite part. :) God bless preschool teachers because Miss Sue had organized the whole party...I'm not sure how she comes up with all the projects and how she herds these kids around, but she does an amazing job. The kids had even made us a whole bunch of presents (they're even wrapped so they are still a mystery and, as I'm learning with these preschool crafts, their identity may still be a mystery once I open them!) We played a game where we got to make eachother into snowmen. This was a HUGE hit with the kids since they got their first lesson in how to TP something! It really was fun and I'm feel SO lucky that we are in a preschool where all the parents are involved and all the kids know all the families. What a blessing to have a community of supportive friends who are in the same stage of life. I can honestly say that I can't imagine Kate's first year of school being any better. Today she gave Miss Sue a huge hug when we left and told me, "that Miss Sue sure does love me!" I really think she's right. It's a pretty lucky thing to feel like your school is your second home, and I think that's exactly how Kate feels. So, school's out for the next couple weeks now so I say, "bring on the holidays!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless...so adorable! Watching the video brings back so many memories
of Jay and Ry in preschool. Kate & Will are so blessed to have such a devoted Mommy who gives them so many opportunities to experience all that is available in your wonderful community! Thank you Bryn!
Love, Bob & Star