Monday, September 5, 2011

Two days, two parties!

Wow!! What a labor day weekend this has been. It was a whirlwind to say the least (I kind of feel like my whole life is a whirlwind lately!) I took the kids down to Yreka for the Singleton wedding-of-the-year (we've had a good run of one wedding each year). Ryan is STILL out at Warm Springs helping with the fire. It's going on two weeks straight now, and I know he would have so much rather been in Yreka. He was greatly missed, but we're also all proud of him for working so hard. I must say I'm even more thankful now that we're not a military family--I don't know how they do it!! So, without Ryan, down I headed with Kate, Will and Hickory. I can't say the drive was my favorite part but it went as well as I could expect. All was well once we got down to Grandma Star and Gumpa Bob's house; the kids went straight into the little pool. They must have ran themselves ragged because Will slept for THIRTEEN HOURS on Friday night, which is definitely a record. The wedding, cousin Amy and Tyler's, was on Saturday and was absolutely fantastic. It was at Mt. Shasta resort on a perfect summer day. Kate asked which princess Amy was and, she was right, Amy looked just like a princess. It was fun seeing all the Singletons and Kate, especially, got into all the festivities. They even had a photo booth complete with dress-up stuff--Kate would have stayed there all night long. She managed to tear herself away from the photos long enough to have a cupcake and get down on the dance floor with her second cousin, Caitlin. At the end of the night, she told me "dancing with Caitlin was my very best thing today." I must agree, it was the sweetest! I will endeavor to post tomorrow about the second big party of the weekend: Will and second cousin Colton's first birthday party!! It's not much of a spoiler to say that they both LOVED cake! BIG, big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for hosting our wild clan and the wild first birthday--you are the best!! Now, I'm off to prepare for Kate's FIRST day of pre-school tomorrow! Actually, there's not much to "prepare" but it's such a big day, I feel like there should be!

Kate prepping for the wedding. She discovered a love of the lounge chair and Will discovered a love of cherry tomatoes from Grandpa's garden. Kate and Will both discovered a love of plums from Grandpa's tree--they were COVERED in juice!
The beautiful bride and groom

Amy & Tyler's first dance, accompanied by Caitlin and Kate (below).

The slow-dancing cousins. If that's not cute, I don't know what is.


Our girls got moves!

Thanks to Uncle Jay and Aunt Cyndi for entertaining this little munchkin while I had my hands full with Will!!








Rolling down a hill--a simple pleasure of childhood!!























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like the best of summer all in one perfect day.
Grandma Connie