Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Whoa, there's a glowing yellow ball in the sky....



...I've heard talk that there is something called a "sun" and this could be what I'm seeing, although it's been so long since I saw the sun, I'm not quite sure! Could this be summer finally arriving?? Okay, okay, I KNOW that it is only actually the first official day of summer, but it is mid-June and we had a terrible spring (as in we didn't have one at all). I heard the weather guy say that of the 93 days of spring, 79 of ours were below average in the temperature department. What he failed to mention was that they were WAY below....it was only weeks ago that we saw snowflakes. Anyhoo, that bed stretch is (fingers crossed) in the past as we've had a couple glorious days. We dragged out the little pool for the first time and the kids love it. Will gets so excited that he shakes, so I can only imagine what he'll do in an actual swimming pool! I've also made a sort of poor-man's sandbox by filling a sled with bird seed. This is also a big hit. Yes, I could have used sand, but that is a lot messier and, to be frank, no cats pee--or worse--in birdseed (gross, I know, but something you must seriously consider when delving into the sandbox realm). So, that's how we've spent the past two days...I'm lucky that it doesn't take much to entertain Kate and Will. Although they are starting to fight over the "sand"box toys like siblings. Kate still has the upper-hand and informed me, "it's okay, mommy, I'm just giving Will all the things I don't like and keeping all the things I do like." Aahh, honesty.



1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I LOVE the birdseed idea!