Friday, June 17, 2011

While mom & dad were away....

...Kate had fun entertaining (wearing out?) Grandma Connie, Grandma Star and Grandpa Bobby. Over the week, she: threw rocks in the creek, gardened, visited the fish hatchery, the park & the library, went out to dinner, went out to breakfast, went to the Sisters Rodeo Parade, etc., etc., etc.....Clearly, she had no time to miss us. I don't have the photographic evidence of her fun with me, but I've seen Grandma Connie's photos and Kate looked happily dirty and like she was mid-sentence in pretty much all of them. She's told me her favorite part of staying with Grandma was "all the dancing we did," although she added that Grandma "couldn't really handle" the Big Daddy Man song (yes, it's still her first musical love). Grandma was kind enough to write down some of the things Kate ruminated on while we are gone, and here's a few:
*"Grandma, we'll move to a new house soon and then we get a NEW baby! I will have a blue striped pillow and Will will have a green striped pillow. It's gonna be a BIG possibility." (Um, no, Kate, a new baby is definitely not on the agenda!!!)
*It's too rainy to go on an airplane. But mommy and daddy are going away from me. Pretty soon we'll be SO surprised! I wish it was a sunny, sunny day. I have to wash the windows 'cause my pawents are coming!" (To my knowledge, Kate's never even seen me wash the windows since I never even do it, but I'm glad to know she was thinking of cleaning up for us! :)
*And, one more, that could only come from the mouth of a toddler or someone high on LSD: "We go straight up to the left and after the tuna fish we go home. And then you put little spots on so the library can stay together. And after a little cup, it is our destination. Let's draw a Blue's Clue and see who the surprise guest is. And it is Sleeping Beauty!" (Yep, it's jumbled but it met what appears to be her language goal: using as many words in succession as possible!!)
Thank you, grandparents, for taking such good care of our first born....maybe next time we'll let you have them both! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The major credit goes to Grandma Connie who earns an A+++ for the art of distraction! It was a team effort and so much fun. Kate kept us entertained as only Kate can do. She and Gumpa Bobby were quite the pair!
Enough said! Thank you Connie......Star

Cindy Anna said...

She is SOOOO funny! What a little character!

Anonymous said...

What a glorious and exhausting week it was. I wouldn't trade it for anything. And no, Mom, we NEVER had snacks...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Grandma Connie