Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yes! Yesss! YEEESSSSSS!!







Okay, I'm trying not to get my hopes up here but it might just perhaps be that Will has FINALLY discovered how to sleep well. Please don't let me be jinxing this right now (if you know any un-jinxing tricks, kindly insert them here!) If he has turned the corner, it will be a bit wild because he will have followed the exact same sleep pattern as Kate did. They both started out as good sleepers and then got thrown off by a trip taken around 5 months. From then on, both were erratic and difficult. Some nights were great, others not great AT ALL. We started bedtime routines with both of them early on and they both went down to bed easily, falling asleep on their own. From there, though, all hell could break loose. They both would wake up during the night repeatedly. Then, miraculously, at exactly 9 months Kate rolled to her stomach one night and slept 9 hours. She continued to wake at 4 am until 11 months when I cut out that feeding as the last one to wean her off breastfeeding. Thinking we were being smart, we tried putting Will on his stomach about a month ago, but he wasn't having it. Then, two nights ago, Ryan put him to bed (awake) and when we checked on him later, he was on his stomach. Just like Kate, he woke up at 4, I fed him and he went right back down. Last night, he was turning over before Ryan even left the room and slept until 4 and is sleeping peacefully now!! Oh, PLEASE, please let this be the beginning of good sleep (for all of us!!) And, yes, I realize that this is completely uninteresting as a post but it is VERY, very, very, very exciting for me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous milestone! I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed.
Grandma Connie

Anonymous said...

I will feel SO guilty if he settles and then the trip disrupts him again!
Big k x

Cindy Anna said...

I oh I hope, I hope, I hope it continues! How wonderful to get so much sleep!