Sunday, May 29, 2011

First (solo) race since Will was born!

Today marked my first running race since before I was pregnant with Will (and, man, that's a loooong time!) I did a women's half marathon in Bend, so it was also my first women-only race. While the weather was super windy, it was a nice temperature for running and, at least, there was no SNOW like there was in flurries on Saturday. (Seriously, is this almost JUNE???) Anyhoo, it was not a course to set a PR on since it was extremely hilly, but it was so fun to be back in a race again. I ran it in 1:40 and some change, which is a few minutes over my best time, but it was good enough for 10th overall and 3rd in my age-group. I can't complain about that! Best of all, Ryan, Kate, Will, Grandma Connie and Grandpa Bill came out to support me and cheer me on along the course. Seeing them definitely gave me a boost when I was lagging! It is a fun few weekends around here with PPP last weekend, today's race and a duathlon next Saturday. Ryan and I are teaming up, which will be our first race together. Some (maybe, most) would not call these things fun--I believe Grandpa Bill asked Ryan, "Do you PAY to do this?"--but we love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryn, , That was cheering you heard all the way from Yreka after your call today. Congratulations on an amazing finish. We are so so proud of you!
Love, Gumpa & GaGa

Anonymous said...

Brynny, you were SUPER. Nice job. We all loved being in the cheering section. I loved it when Kate spotted you at the finish and said, "There comes my mommy!"
Mom

Anonymous said...

Very good time. I'm sure Connie is as baffled as I am where you got your running ability. Even when I used to jog, I never could go very fast.
I think I need to go into training.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

In awe, as usual.
Big Kate xx