Saturday, November 14, 2009

Our little rule breaker





If it's true that "well-behaved women rarey make history," then Kate is well on her way to making some history! She definitely has opinions about what she wants, and what she wants is usually whatever she knows we don't want her to do or have. She seems to find it quite funny when we say "no," as if it's just a humorous nuisance to her and far funnier to defy us than to listen. I will say, this girl does not lack for personality and, though I could do without some of the tantrums, as least she's interesting! I hope she puts all this feistiness to amazing use someday....Ryan and I can only imagine what the future holds for her and for us! I go to a few baby groups and classes where most of the moms say their kids are "really mellow" (and I tend to believe them as their kids sit quietly, just smiling away). Kate, on the other hand, talks a blue streak while bouncing around, happy one minute and crying over some sort of perceived injustice the next. Yes, I must admit, that my child is most decidedly NOT mellow. I think she's the anti-mellow. But at least we never lack for entertainment (or this is what I tell myself!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun is it to follow the "rules"? I suspect there is a nonconformist gene in Kate's family tree and I say rules are to be broken, Miss Kate! You are so adorable being a rule-breaker it's adult belly laugh time! Shades of Ryan Blaine. Gram S.

Anonymous said...

Well, of course she is sitting down...just a little delayed...
Love that little wild woman! Grandma