Monday, November 16, 2009

Doctor's visit

Kate had her 15-month check-up today and I was really dreading it because she had to get a lot of shots. In the end, it turned out better than last time because she cried when she saw the nurse coming with the needles, but then didn't really seem to be too bothered by the pokes. She was fine by the time we left the office, which was miles better than last time. She promptly took the band-aids off when we got home, as if to say "Enough. I'm DONE with those!" I'm thankful she's now had her seasonal and H1N1 vaccines, so I can finally cross those off the to-do list. Aside from the jabs, her appointment was fine. The doctor said she is developing and growing completely normally (always a relief to hear a professional say it, even when you think it's true anyway!) She's over 24 pounds and 30 inches, and still has a head in the 95th percentile! Oh, what a large brain to store all her mischievous thoughts.... The doctor seemed more impressed with her reaction to the examination than anything else. When she saw him come at her with the stethoscope and other tools, she just shook her head, glared him down and tried to muscle her way off the table. She was very calm. He said he had never seen such a reaction, and that either kids don't care or scream, whereas Kate just gave a silent and deliberate protest. He kept saying that was very "interesting," and then kept saying, "my, she's strong." So, I'm not sure what this reaction says about her personality but, apparently, it says something!! I don't care as long as she's healthy. She is, so I'm a happy mommy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's healthy, happy, and knows her own mind. I don't think we could ask for more. We are blessed. Grandma

Anonymous said...

I told ya - she's a LEO!!
Big Kate xx