Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One of my favorite people...


is the inventor of Ziploc bags. Bless this person for making our long car rides so much more enjoyable! All I have to do is fill bags with snacks and pass them back to her and--ta da--she's a happy camper (rider?) once again. Many of the snacks don't actually make it into her mouth, but I think she likes the process of getting into the bag as much as anything. This is also why I spent awhile vacuuming Cheerios out of her carseat yesterday. I used to babysit a lot and I always wondered why the kids' carseats and highchairs were SO messy. Now that I have a little Cheerio-muncher of my own I know EXACTLY what caused those messes. Cheerio-multiplication is a truly amazing phenomenon. I'm fairly certain they multiple much like rabbits. To prove this point, Kate's uncle Jason recently went out for his first bike ride after visiting us, only to be stopped by a rock in his shoe. It wasn't a rock, though. It was, of course, a Cheerio.
PS Great-grandpa is on the mend and doing better. He's on a lot of pain medication and my dad says he's been asking "where the cocktails will be served," so I'm guessing he's planning on getting better soon! Seriously, though, he seems to be making a lot of progress and will go home when he can walk more easily. Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of MY favorite people is the one who invented Cheerios! It has been a wonderful gift to all parents for generations. Grandma