Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mommy's little helper

Kate, as you can see, is a huge help in the kitchen! When she first started "exploring," Ryan and I thought we'd give her one drawer, and that would satisfy her. Of course, we were completely wrong about that. She does love the drawer, but she also loves ALL the other drawers and all the cabinets. So, with very few exceptions, the kitchen (at least the low part) has become her domain, which is why you'll find things in all sorts of odd places should you ever try to cook in our kitchen. My mom said that I used to tell her that I wanted to be a "drawer cleaner" when I grew up, so I guess this is just payback for all the "cleaning" I once did!

3 comments:

Cindy Anna said...

That is so adorable! She looks so much like a toddler now!

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. You did rearrange everything in your "cleaning" stage. There are a few things I NEVER did find. I decided (like you did) that there was no fighting it and it encouraged creativity! What could be more important than that?
Grandma

Auntie Jen said...

Ha! Just like her momma! Make sure she never gets her hands on some glittery new red mary-janes....