Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My favorite Kate moment. EVER.

Kate regularly makes me laugh but today was the topper in her first four years.  Unfortunately, I have no video of it but I'll try to give you the visual....I doubt I will ever forget it.  So, Kate is in a class called "hip hop for tots" mainly because the thought of watching a bunch of under-5 white kids learn hip hop was too good to pass up.  Plus, the dance studio is in Sisters and run by a fantastic lady and, in my book, if someone is willing to attempt teaching toddlers to get down, you support it wholeheartedly.  It is generally hysterical but today it was downright amazing.  Lonnie, the teacher, had them all in a circle and was calling them in one by one to "freestyle" in the middle.  I thought there was NO WAY Kate would want to do that but, when called in, she got down on her hands and knees and started kicking her legs up in some handstand/cartwheel combo.  She followed this up by lying on her back and trying to spin around.  For a "finale," she got up and put her hands on her hips and shook her tush while dipping all the way to the ground.  This whole scene made me oddly proud and definitely made every bit of the $45/month tuition worth it.  If you're in need of a laugh, visit us on a Wednesday afternoon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn! I would give almost anything to have been there. Put me down for the audience Grandma next week. She's always going to surprise us! You GO, Kate.
Grandma Connie

Anonymous said...

I would love to see those moves...of course she got
the dancing genes from the grandmothers!
Love, Gram S.

Anonymous said...

The grandmothers rock.