Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Better late than never...


Yet again, the norm now, it seems, the past week flew by with little time to breathe, let alone update life here.   I continue to be amazed that two small people can make life soooo busy, but they do and I'm working on living in the moment with them rather than worrying about documenting it (I'll probably wish I documented more later but I'm hoping that I'll remember all the extra hugs I gave when I wasn't behind the camera!) Anyway, the kids LOVED Halloween and Kate did indeed change costumes for the parade after school (and she changed costumes AGAIN after the parade to go trick or treating so she got full value out of this holiday).  The parade was the most fun one yet since both kids were old enough to participate.  The parade is all the things I love about living in a small town--every shop decorates for the kids and all the shop owners come out to pass candy to the kids.  Every little kid in town is there and it's all about them having fun--highway traffic even happily stops to watch them parade.  We've never gone trick or treating in the evening before, but we decided to go with some friends this year and it was worth it.  The kids ran to every house (we only went to about 5) and were amazed every time that saying "trick or treat" worked.  It was a full, fun day and, luckily, the kids have totally forgotten about the mounds of candy they received!  As for the past week, we've spent nearly all of it outside because it's been so warm and un-November like.  Yesterday, we all wore shorts and flip flops and it was in the 70s!  We've got one more day to enjoy it, though, because it's supposed to cool down and snow on Friday.  That's Central Oregon for you!

No comments: