Sunday, August 19, 2012

Go, Kate!

This weekend, Kate did three new big-kid things and that makes me one proud mama!  First, yesterday, she rode her bike all the way to the elementary school (it's further than she's gone before) and back.  Second, after the bike ride, we went to the club to swim and she jumped in all by herself.  She's always jumped in to us or with us holding her hands, but she's never done it on her own.  She stood on the side of the pool for about 5 minutes, nearly in tears, saying "I REALLY want to do it!"  I told her she didn't have to do it, but she stood her ground and said she would.  Lo and behold, she suddenly announced, "I'm going to do it NOW!" and that she did.  She had barely surfaced when she said, "I want to do it again and again!"  Then, third, I took the kids to the pool at Black Butte today and they have a big, tunnel-style slide.  She told me she wanted to do it and, since she was wearing a floatie, I told her she could, but I told her she needed to be really sure because it would be hard to turn around once she got up there.  To my surprise, she didn't even hesitate before barreling down the slide.  Of course, she also did this again and again and again....so much for our girl who doesn't like to put her face in the water.  Way to go, Kate!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a brave little girl! She's growing up so FAST!
Grandma Connie