Friday, March 16, 2012

Random Kate-ness....

Kate: "Mommy, I really want to be on a stage."
Me: "Well, you'll get to when you have a dance recital."
Kate: "No, what I really want is to be on a stage with a big microphone and sing Metallica."

Why does this not surprise me?? Over a year and her Metallica obsession still rages on. We had a CD in the car and we played it so many times that it actually broke. Ryan and I sometimes wonder if we have the only three-year-old that asks to listen to "Whiskey in a Jar." I mean, she might actually be the ONLY one....hmmm...if there is another kid out there, I wonder what he/she would be like?! And here's another comment for my friend New York City-living, fashion world-working, fabulous friend, Jen (I thought you'd appreciate Kate's fashion passion):

(Upon my opening the mailbox and finding a package with the Zulily logo on it...)
"Oooh, mommy, I think I smell a dress in the package (insert dramatic sniffing action here)....yep, I can smell it. I think it's a medium-sized, spinny dress for me!" And she was right--it was!

I wish I could keep up with all the comments Kate makes--I mean to remember them all, but life's to busy to record them all. I will say, though, that life is a lot more joyous, entertaining and fun with her around!

No comments: