Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More creative language usage...

Kate's interesting use of vocabulary is a constant source of entertainment, especially lately as she seems to have acquired an even larger vocabulary (but not a larger understanding of the meanings!!) Here are some of my favorites from the past couple days:
Kate: (coming inside pretty wet) "Mommy, Will and I were playing in the respect and got a little wet."
Me: "The respect, huh? And what is that?"
Kate: (very confidently) "You know, the respect is a place that you put your boots in and stomp around and it's REALLY fun for your boots."

Kate: "But, daddy, how DOES the baby get in the mommy's tummy??"
Ryan: "I think it's the stork."
Kate: (the next day) "Mommy, why did daddy say that a fork puts the baby in your tummy?"




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! The birds and bees, ALREADY?? I think you're going to have to improve on the fork theory.
Grandma Connie

Anonymous said...

Hey Ry, I think that the fork theory is an improvement on "the stork"!
Love, Mom