Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Spiderman. Spiderman?!

So, I had these grand plans of actually throwing Kate a 3rd birthday party but we're still not sure of our move date and it's a bit difficult to plan a party when you're not sure what house you'll be in. Since all she really seems to want is "frosting and balloons," I thought we'd better at least get her one of those obnoxious, inches-thick frosting cakes that they make at the supermarket. I took her to pick it out yesterday and she went through the whole book of pictures. There were Cars cakes, princess cakes, and all sorts of ones that I thought she'd like. What did she choose? Spiderman. Nevermind that she doesn't even know a thing about Spiderman. She told me, "but, mommy, I'm really going to like superheros pretty soon." I'm not sure where she even heard about "superheros" but a Spiderman cake is what she's getting. Which will go great with all the Cars plates and cups we already have... She's still excited about the cake, though, because this is the stream of conscienceness I got this morning when she woke up: "When is the day I get that Spiderman cake? Am I going to wear a party hat when I blow out the candles? Grandpa Mac didn't have candles at his party because he only had cupcakes. And he was busy. I think because he had TWO parties because it was retirement and a birthday. I think that's it. My birthday is July 28 and Grandma Star is July 27. I get three candles and Grandma Star gets....(long pause)...seven. Yeah, seven. It's because Grandma Star isn't a little kid, she's just kind of medium." So, Grandma Star, how does it feel to be "medium"? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Medium is the best compliment that I've had in a VERY long time. Kate, you've made my day! Love, hugs & kisses from Grandma Star!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get candles because it probably was against the fire regulations. 65 candles is nearly a conflagration.
I'd be happy to be "medium" again.
Gumpa Mac